At Beyond Billabong, we understand that in order to successfully gain and maintain employment, job-seekers must possess basic life-skills to be able to make positive choices and take constructive action in both their personal lives and careers.
Our Beyond Dreaming program is a two-day, life-skills training course suitable for secondary-school students and job-seekers (of all ages) that can be adapted to participants’ literacy and numeracy skill level.
Beyond Dreaming takes a practical, hands-on approach to training by delivering content through a mix of engaging activities to foster teamwork, communication, trust and respect. At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- identify their values, motivators and goals
- recognise behaviours, patterns of thinking and other obstacles that negatively impact their ability to achieve their personal and career goals
- create a plan and course of action to achieve their goals
- understand the importance of effective communication in building positive relationships and identify constructive and respectful communication styles
- recognise the traits of a good role model and identify potential mentors in their community
Beyond Dreaming is taught in a supportive, caring and fun environment which aims to build participants’ confidence and self-esteem. Our trainers are experienced in delivering programs to participants with a history of complex life issues and the course content can be tailored to meet participants’ specific needs.